Here are some of our recommended favourite Tantric DVDs and books for you to check out.
These suggestions will widen your understanding, learn more and keep your journey deepening from the comfort of home!
The titles of the products have Amazon.com links included. The Book Depository is another great online bookstore.
This No. 1 selling DVD is a good beginning for those wanting a taste of more fulfilling lovemaking,
with straightforward practices and some important couple building strategies.
This DVD offers a big picture look at sacred sexuality and is one the rare opportunities to see both male and female lovers experiencing sexual pleasure in lovemaking, as well as some tips to get you interested in your own exploration. With real couples.
3. Tantra: The Art of Conscious Loving by Charles & Caroline Muir
Charles & Caroline Muir are famous for developing the exploration of Conscious relationship and sacred spot massage. This book is a poetic and practical look at what is possible through tantric loving and relationship.
4. The Heart of Tantric Sex by Diana Richardson
This book covers the basics of tantric sex with a unique, intelligent, practical and sympathetic approach for enhancing intimacy and deepening love.
5. Tantric Orgasm For Women by Diana Richardson
Writing from the female perspective, author Diana Richardson explores the critical role receptive female energy plays in allowing orgasmic states to arise and be prolonged in both men and women. She provides a basic understanding of the sexual female body and how its various parts may be activated to excite, relax and deepen ecstatic states.
6. Women’s Anatomy of Arousal by Sheri Winston
Find out why Dr. Christiane Northrup has called Women’s Anatomy of Arousal “the most comprehensive, user-friendly, practical and uplifting book on women’s sexuality I’ve ever read. It’s the gold standard!”
7. Tantra: Osho The Supreme Understanding by Osho
In this all-time best seller, Osho discusses the mystical insights found in the ancient Tantric writings, and the many significant Tantric meditation techniques that are as relevant to the modern-day seeker as they were to those in earlier times.
8. Transcendent Sex: when lovemaking opens the veil by Jenny Wade
IT’S NOT JUST SEX. IT’S NOT JUST LOVE. IT’S SOMETHING MORE….
But what could be better than sex? How about lovemaking that sweeps people into new realities, producing altered states of consciousness a thousand times more powerful than the most earth-shattering orgasm? Lovemaking so spectacular that it truly is a religious experience? Transcendent Sex is not about the “Tantric method.” It is about the best-kept secret in human history: that ordinary people, with no special training, can find themselves in different spiritual realms when making love — an experience so profound that nothing will ever be the same.
9. The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
Brené Brown, a leading expert on shame, authenticity, and belonging, shares ten guideposts on the power of Wholehearted living—a way of engaging with the world from a place of worthiness. In her ten guideposts, Brown engages our minds, hearts, and spirits as she explores how we can cultivate the courage, compassion, and connection. “This important book is about the lifelong journey from ‘What will people think?’ to ‘I am enough.’ Brown’s unique ability to blend original research with honest storytelling makes reading The Gifts of Imperfection like having a long, uplifting conversation with a very wise friend who offers compassion, wisdom, and great advice.”
10. The Dance of Fear by Harriet Lerner
No one signs up for anxiety, fear, and shame, but we can’t avoid them either. As we learn to respond to these three key emotions in new ways, we can live more fully in the present and move into the future with courage, clarity, humor, and hope. Fear and Other Uninvited Guests shows us how.
11. Urban Tantra by Barbara Carellas & Annie Sprinkle
With a juicy mix of erotic how-to and pleasure-centered spiritual wisdom, for modern sexual explorers desiring to push past their edge in search of the great cosmic orgasm, with more than one hundred easy-to-follow techniques for expanded orgasmic states and solo and partner play.
12. Passionate Marriage by David Schnarch
Passionate Marriage is recognized as the pioneering book on intimate human relationships. explores the ways we can keep passion alive and even reach the height of sexual and emotional fulfillment later in life. Chapters provide the scaffolding for overcoming sexual and emotional roadblocks— from evaluating personal expectations to laying the groundwork for keeping the sparks alive years down the road, and everything in between.
13. Spiritual Bypassing– When Spirituality Disconnects Us From What Really Matters by Robert Augustus Masters
Spiritual bypassing—the use of spiritual beliefs to avoid dealing with painful feelings, unresolved wounds, and developmental needs—is so pervasive that it goes largely unnoticed. The spiritual ideals of any tradition, whether Christian commandments or Buddhist precepts, can provide easy justification for practitioners to duck uncomfortable feelings in favor of more seemingly enlightened activity. When split off from fundamental psychological needs, such actions often do much more harm than good.
14. Vagina– An astonishing work of cutting-edge science and cultural history that radically reframes how we understand the vagina–and consequently, how we understand women–from one of our most respected cultural critics and thinkers, Naomi Wolf, author of the modern classic The Beauty Myth. A provocative and deeply engaging book that elucidates the ties between a woman’s experience of her vagina and her sense of self.
15. Wild Feminine– offers a unique, holistic approach to reclaiming the power, spirit, and joy of the female body and to understanding its connection to creative energy flow. By restoring physical and energetic balance in the pelvic bowl, women can learn to care for themselves in a nourishing and respectful manner, heal spiritual fractures, and renew their relationship with the sacred feminine. Although the feminine body is an access point to the greater realm of the spirit, many women have lost their connection to this source. Author Tami Kent, MSPT, has an answer. Drawing from her experiences as a woman’s health physical therapist who works with the physical body and female energy system, Kent provides a framework for healing the body and navigating the realms of feminine spirit. Through pelvic bodywork, healing stories, visualisations, rituals and creative exercises, women can explore the deep and natural wisdom inherent in the female body.
Nb. We are looking for some great books about male sexuality (that aren’t just about being a better lover for women), still looking!